Attitude Measurement Applying Scales
(Methods of Data Collection Used in Quantitative / Descriptive Research)
• Measurement and Scaling • Different types of Weighing scales
– – – – Nominal Ordinal Interval Proportion
• Classification of Your own Techniques • Single V/S Multiple Item Scales • Methodological Restrictions
STAGES OF THE MARKETING EXPLORATION PROCESS
Problem Discovery and Definition Assists with Taking Decisions
Formulation of Approach
Findings and Statement
Research Design and style Data Preparation and Evaluation Data Collection
What is FRAME OF MIND?
• Sort of Attitude to Big Transaction: – Vijay loves shopping at Big Bazar. He believes it really is clean, easily located and has the cheapest prices. This individual intends to search there on a monthly basis for food • A temperament is: • Persistent over a period of time (changing a firmly held frame of mind requires significant pressure) • Plays very important role in influencing habit • Internet marketers believe that frame of mind directly impact purchase decisions • People hold attitude virtually about everything and marketers study many of them
• Project of quantities or signs to qualities of target acc to rules. • We Do not assess objects, evaluate characteristics. • Thus we do not measure consumers we evaluate their: – Perception – Attitude – Preferences etc .
" If you can't assess it, weight loss manage this. ”
Joe Donath, Specialist
Scaling An Extension of Way of measuring
• Involves creating a procession upon which scored objects need to be located. Former mate. Attitude towards departmental Store Really Unfavorable (1) Extremely Favorable (100)
Technique of placing participants on a continuum with respect to their attitude.
Major Scales of Measurement
• Nominal Weighing machines • Ordinal Scales • Interval Weighing machines • Percentage Scales
MAJOR SCALES OF MEASUREMENT
• F – Figurative / Nominal Size • Um – Ordinal Scale • U – Unconstrained zero point as well as Interval Level • 3rd there�s r – Rate Scale
2 . Ordinal Level
• Permits us to know in the event that one subject has more attributes than other • But not how much or much less • Any series of numbers can be designated that maintains the purchased relationships involving the objects. • In addition to the keeping track of operation permitted for nominal scale data, ordinal weighing scales permit the use of statistics based on centiles, elizabeth. g., percentile, quartile, typical.
PRIMARY WEIGHING MACHINES OF DIMENSION
• U – Ordinal Scale
– Relative positions of the objects, not the magnitude of difference – Common Illustrations – Top quality Rankings – ICC Ranking
– Marketing Examples
– Market Location – Desire Rankings
Causes of Use-Ordinal Range
• Force customers to tell apart among selections. • Which of the attributes of xyz item are important to you? – Various customers simply rate various attributes while fairly essential. Not superb information to get company
• INSTEAD.. If customers are asked to rank qualities. • They should make decision about a single feature being more important than other.
PRIMARY WEIGHING MACHINES OF WAY OF MEASURING 3. Span Scale
• U – Unconstrained actually zero point / Interval Scale
– Difference between objects can be in comparison – Zero point is usually arbitrary – Common Cases – Temperature
– Promoting Examples
– Attitude – Opinion
PRIMARY SCALES OF MEASUREMENT 5. Ratio Scale
• 3rd there�s r – Percentage Scale
– Zero stage is fixed – Percentages of level values can be computed – Common Illustrations – Duration, Weight – Money
– Marketing Good examples
– Revenue – Business
Measurement Weighing scales
• What measurement size will you work with for the subsequent?
– – – – – – – Do you have a washer? How a large number of books are there in your catalogue? How sufficient is bank's service? List your preference to get brands of shampoo? What is your relationship status? Your attendance inside the Marketing Exploration class? Just how many members watch Star-Plus during the perfect time in your household?
Major Scales of Measurement
Quantities Assigned to Runners List Order of Winners
Third place Second...